Silicon dioxide, or SiO2 has a large range of uses, and is a vital ingredient in the manufacturing of our everyday products. Silica is a combination of silicon and oxygen, the second most abundant element in the Earth's crust. It is a hard, chemically inert product, with a high melting point and strong bond between atoms.
Spec Sands cc aims at becoming the supplier of choice for silica sand in South Africa and afar.
We specialise in supplying top quality silica quartz and guarantee great service. Having proven ourselves since operations began in 2009.
Our silica sand meets the specifications and standards set throughout the many uses of our the product sizes. Our products' quality has been tested locally and internationally by accredited laboratories, with outstanding results.
We believe that certain key factors exist in our operation which are crucial in terms of continuity in serving the industry:
Our life-of-mine exceeds 20 years of in-situ reserves.
- Exhaustive testing by accredited labs has confirmed that we have some of the very best reserves in terms of alluvial silica (SiO2) content.
- We are compliant to Department of Mineral Resources legislation and we proudly adhere to fulfilling all the applicable requirements.
- We are strategically located within 80-120 kilometres from the busiest African harbours, being Durban and Richards Bay.
- Both hydro-cleaning & sizing and dry-screening processes are used to ensure correct grading of sand.
- A Grading Analysis and sample are stored for each customer to guarantee utmost quality control.
- Experienced personnel to assist in providing the exact product for our customer needs, at honest prices.
- Fully supported by the community and employees, as we are to them. Having fulfilled our comprehensive commitments as South African legislation and social responsibilities requires, and more.
SPEC SANDS supplies optimum particle distribution of alluvial silica quartz for:
Tile adhesives, grouts, casting, plaster sand, foundry moulds and cores (3DP), impermeable and cohesive cement, non-slip flooring, smelter slag and pipeline bedding, amber glass manufacturing, paint filler, adhesive filler & electronics.
Water Filtration, beds & packing
Municipal, residential, and industrial water treatment facilities, waste water purification, swimming pool filters, filtration bedding, boiler fluidised beds (CFB), sludge/ slurry drying beds, borehole well pack for drilling.
Equestrian arenas & racetracks, golf course bunkers & greens, playpen sand, synthetic athletic track substrate and sand volleyball courts.
Top soil, artificial/synthetic turf in-fill, compost, fertiliser seeding, sport fields turf, beach parties and sand pits.
Pet products, creative arts, aquariums, koi ponds, refractory bricks (firebricks), pelletising, railway track wheel grip, pharmaceutical and cosmetics industries & laboratory testing.